Monday 18 February 2013

Week 6 - Start/Done - Dragonfly screen door bug

I'm about halfway through selecting recipes for my board so I did a quick craft this week.

I bought this beaded dragonfly for my screen door in the Butchart Gardens gift shop. I like it a lot and wanted a few more, but they were a bit pricey and I haven't renewed my Butchart Gardens pass, so I decided to make some.


I used 20 gauge jewelry wire, beads and a pair of 3 in 1 jewelry pliers that I picked up at Walmart. I bought most of the beads at Michael's but I also used some from a broken necklace that I had saved. 


The one in the middle is the original. I think they turned out well. It was helpful to have one pre-made to look at and copy because winding the wire gets a bit complicated for the wings.



2 comments:

  1. These look great. I've been trying to make some to but was wondering which end you started from? Thank you for any advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started from the curly bit at the bottom. Two of them in the bottom picture have those plastic earring stopper things on the straight bit to keep the cat from pulling them out of the screen door. She likes sparkly things.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover